Monday, September 23, 2013

who among of these 3 mighty of men of David you identify yourself better?





This week's church staff meeting started with the question, who among of these 3 mighty of men of David you identify yourself better? cited in the verses in 2 Samuel 23:8-12

Josheb-Basshebeth
 - chief of the three
- killed 800 men in one encouter

*he fight and finished his task, no wonder he became the leader of others


Eleazar
- was with the David, The Israelites retreated but he stood in his ground
- his hands grew tired and frost to the sword

* He fight even people who were with him left him, he still stood in his ground

Shammah
- He too his tsand in the middle of the field
- He defended and struck the Philistines.

* He fight even no one wants to.


I meditated their actions, situations and their stand. I chose and thought that I identified myself with Eleazer. Because there were times in my life when numbers of people cheer me up, join me in my venture in serving God in His ministry, work with me, in the start. But in during the hardest days of ministry, when the going gets tough, people deserted me and I found myself with few people standing with me in the field. I was very discouraging. I cannot forced people to move to another calling, it's their personal dealing with the Lord and I cannot hold them back.

The feeling of being alone and deserted by people is my biggest challenge, I could say. But I didnt take this against those people, it is something I deal personally with God who called me to do this calling.

But on those times when I felt discourage. the grace of God overwhelmed me with His' promises and vision He put in my heart. I found myself on those times, I am so blessed because I still have this opportunity to run this vision. to carry the good news of hope and love and faith.

As we end our time of sharing, Pastor Joshua said, each one of us have choice. It is a matter of choosing what God can do to our lives, it is a matter of what God called you to do. As he sharing his heart regarding this matter, two words came to my mind.

CHOICE - everyone of us have choices. You can choose and believe what can you be. When opportunity comes and you decide what path you will take, it is CHOICE

TIME - Everyone of us have time. It is one of the great resources we have in our life. Question is how wise we spend our time.

This is just my thought  this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment