Monday, August 9, 2010

five things on my mind right now.

1. Teachers’ Clinic. This is a new ministry that started last week. It is a hands-on training that aims to develop potential teachers/preachers in our church. We just had our second session this week and it was a fun learning experience. I know that each person attending this clinic can learn a lot, and I know someday they will use what they have learned. How to lead a bible study group, to share your devotion and to give an exhortation are the first subjects. Next will be, how to teach and preach the word.



2. Daycare: Since I volunteered to be a teacher in Daycare, it has been a wonderful experience for me. Thursday is my day to teach in Daycare, and every Thursday since I joined has been great, fun and exciting. I love to teach kids, most especially when most of them show a lot of interest to learn. Yes, there will be young students who are playing around, running, screaming and crying at times when we are teaching, but I wouldn’t mind because most of them are happy listening and learning from Daycare. I remember when Toph (our Daycare Principal), shared to me what the mother of one of our students wrote. She expressed her gratitude to us because her daughter is learning a lot. Since she doesn’t have the money to send her daughter to school, this daycare became a huge blessing for her. We (the teachers of Daycare) are thanking God for this wonderful opportunity to be blessing.



3. Be:E. I will be handling this discipleship program again this coming term. I am praising God for giving us more students who are eager to undergo Be:E: 5 more students were added in our 11 regular students. I am still in a state of shock until now because I couldn’t imagine how this program became such a powerful tool that develops members of our church to be more effective in ministry. They have learned so much, and the perspectives of their Christian lives have been enlightened.



4. Training Department. We will be busy these coming months because there are many churches requesting us to train their youth. Our schedules are fully packed, and that’s why we need to put off some churches' requests for trainings until next year. Because of the demand, I need to rearrange my schedule and list of priorities.



5. Communication. This month, we had a college student who worked with our team as her on-the-job training. She helped not only me as the person in-charge of the communication department but also some of our team members. She helped in making brochures, a fanpage in online networking sites and some print ads to promote our ministry. Right now, I am asking a few people who can help me develop the communication department by making a video presentation and print ads, and entering in networking sites. YM needs to keep updated the people who are interested to know what we are up. I think networking sites will be a great tool for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment