Monday, August 9, 2010

Upclose and personal!

There had been many challenges in my life, but I am thanking God for giving me His word I can rely on and amazing people I can trust who are on my side when I need help. I am so thankful!!! Last year had been a hard year for me. I never thought I would have the strength to stand up again and move forward. Even people that were close to me were surprised that I would be able to face the challenges they thought would knock me down. But, here I am, standing strong and moving forward. It’s all by God’s grace!



I hold on to God’s grace. I remember what a pastor who is helping me said in his email to me, “In His mercy, He doesn’t give us what we deserve and in His grace, He gives us what we don’t deserve”. That is completely true to my life. Without His grace, I wouldn’t have the strength to stand up again and overcome any challenges, and I wouldn’t learn to humble myself. His grace removed every pride in my heart, bringing me to knees and surrendering my whole being. It enables and empowers me to be strong enough to face any kind of challenges.



Now, after a year, I am seeing myself again being trusted with a great responsibility that I believe I am inadequate to handle. I am overwhelmed to know that God finds me faithful enough that he is giving me this new responsibility. This is being the chairman of the board of trustees. The board of trustees is in-charge of making policies for our church. I am now, as the chairman, in-charge of leading the board meeting and setting up a quality leadership for our church. This is a huge responsibility for me knowing I am young for this kind of role in our church. Just what Solomon felt when David died and all the responsibility in leading the Israelites was on his shoulder. Just the same, I feel inadequate but I know with God’s strength, I can do it. I know God help me to fulfill my responsibility.



One piece of advice my mentor gave to me was to encircle myself with God-fearing people who I am comfortable with to talk about what I am feeling and not to forget to ask advice from people who are advanced in knowledge. That is wise advice and will surely be followed. I already sent emails to people who I think will be great people to have around. If you are interested in helping me out with this, please don’t hesitate to send me an email. I would love to hear from you.



Not only as the chairman of the board do I feel inadequate, but also I am leading Be:E again. There are more students added now than in the previous session, which means more pressure in leading and leveling it up. But I will keep on believing and trusting God in every privilege on my end. This is because I know He who started a good work in me will be faithful to complete it in me. It is not about what I cannot do, but what God can do in my life. As what Solomon prayed to God in 1 Kings 3:7-9, I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties…so give your servant a discerning heart…to distinguish between right and wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment