Tuesday, May 24, 2011

As a testimony!

I’ve been meditating lately on the word of God as to why God provides. What is the real reason why He provides for us all? Why He fulfills your need? Why He knows exactly when you need it? Why? Why? Why?

The reason why these questions are lingering on my mind is because I am amazed how God supplies all my needs. His provision comes exactly when I need it. He uses people to send His provision and I am very grateful to God for He is always on time.

I talked to my wife and both of us are amazed by our God and our thankful hearts are just witnesses of how God provides. As we have been counting our blessings these last few months, we end up with the question, WHY?

As I seek God in meditating on His word, there are several stories in the bible that have helped me find the answer.

When I read the story of Elijah, I learn that God sent provision to feed Elijah though ravens. Elijah also experienced provision through a widow who had nothing but a little oil. And in the New Testament, Jesus fed 5000 men though five loaves of bread and two fish from a young boy. These stories amazed me and at the same time made me realize that God sometimes uses the people we least expect. This is to help us realize that He is our provider. Both of these stories gave glory to God. The name of God was glorified because people and their stories helped people know that God provides. These stories are just but another testimony that God is our ultimate provider. These stories in the bible will never deny the fact that God does miracles in our lives. He provides!

There are many blessings in our lives that sometimes we forgot to give glory for. We forgot to bring back the glory to our God. When we experience God’s provision, we are overwhelmed and happy. And that story of provision is a great testimony to all people that God really provides.

If you are like me, wondering why God provides for your needs, remember that God wants to use your story as a testimony so that the name of the Lord will be glorified. So the next time you experience God’s provision, tell others how faithful God has been in your life, and who know, someday, people will come and believe in our testimony that God really provides!

No comments:

Post a Comment