Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WOW! (Walk ON Water) Windows YP 2011




I never heard such a passionate story ever! Just recently in the Windows YP 2011!

This year Windows YP had a theme, “Walk On Water!” (WOW). This is a challenge to walk on water, to dare yourself to live the impossible. Our lives are full of challenges, and it seems like you need to walk on water in order to overcome huge challenges. It is something beyond reality and requires a reliance on the miracles of God. Windows YP is a youth missions conference held by the Youth Mobilization team of International Teams Philippines.

Many youth were challenged, and it shows in every loud “amen” we heard whenever we asked if they are ready to go to missions. Actually, I always had goosebumps every time I heard them shout a loud amen. Considering they are native youth from the provinces, they have nothing in their pockets, and their families don’t have work to earn a living for them, I still heard a loud amen. It seemed so strange….

What really struck my heart so deep is when I heard a group of youth – five women’s testimonies, walking town to town, no money in their pockets to pay for their transportation, carrying a heavy speaker, preaching and proclaiming the Good News. Wow! Their story blew me away. It challenged me more than they could imagine. I have never heard such a passionate story ever! They are really missionaries in God’s Kingdom.

There were about 30 youth who attended this missions conference. I just couldn’t imagine how many souls and how many lives would be reached though the lives of these 30 youth. I am really looking forward to seeing them one day fulfilling their calling to their respective mission fields. I see so much potential in them. I hope and pray that they will live out their potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment