Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My confidence is in my relationship with the Lord.

This was my devotion today. It was very timely and very encouraging.

I totally agree that whatever God ask me to do, He is faithful enough to provide the ability, the way and strength for me to do it because I know God is with me so there is nothing to fear.

My strength and ability comes from God. He is the one who provide for everything I need. I built my confidence in Him.

I thought this might encourage you the way it encouraged me.

_______________________________________


COMPETENCE FROM GOD.
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Do you sometimes lack the confidence that you can carry out what God is asking you to do? Do you look at yourself and conclude: I’m not a gifted person or a Bible scholar. I don’t have what it takes to do anything significant for God? If you think this way, you are missing the point. You see, the ability to make a difference in God’s kingdom never comes from us. It always comes from God.

Take Paul’s life an example. You might wonder how one man could have accomplished all that he did. How did he start new churches in so many places when he was up against such fierce opposition? How did he perform all those miracles? How did he find the strength to keep going in spite of beatings, shipwrecks, imprisonment, and constant danger? The answer, of course, is that his ability came from God. It wasn’t Paul was a supernatural being. His strength was not in himself, but in his relationship with the Lord.

Likewise, God will never ask you to do something difficult and then leave you to do it on your own. The reason you can have total confidence is that, no matter what Christ tells you to do, he will provide you with ability to accomplish it. Is God leading you into a new area of ministry? Accept his assignment with boldness for he will enable you to do whatever he asks.


(from the devotional book of Henry and Richard Blackaby, The Expeience)

No comments:

Post a Comment