Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bible Study in Our Community

We opened our house for a weekly small group bible study in our community of Bangkal. We started it a month ago. We had around 10 people in our first meeting. A co-worker in the church and I are leading it. We decided to have a small group bible study because we desire to disciple the people from our community who are attending our church.

As God gave me the desire to reach out to the families of my brothers and sisters, this bible study is one of the steps I want to do. I want to share with them how God changed my life and somehow share the blessings I have in Christ Jesus. I saw their lives and I am seeing the need of taking steps to building a strong relationship with them, winning them in Christ and helping them however I can.

From the time I moved into the community where my brothers and sisters live, I see how they look at my lifestyle. I was able to connect to my brothers and sisters in a better way. I even gained respect from my nephews and nieces which is very nice. I know I still have more to do in helping them to develop our community. One of my desires is to help them renovate their houses to have a safe home for their children and so they could realize that my desire is for great changes in their lives. I am still praying for wisdom on how I would be able to collect funds for renovating the houses of my brothers and sisters. I can only do the thing I could do. And right now, it is though the bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment